To become the fittest version of yourself, diet is as important as exercise. You need to make the right choices to get the best results. Here are five quick tips for good eating habits which will help you achieve better results, faster.
Start your day right.
When you jump out of bed, start your day with a glass of not-too-cold water and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
This is effective for a few reasons:
- Lemon is a refreshing way to kick-start your morning
- You’re hydrating yourself first thing, instead of reaching for dehydrating coffee
- Lemon juice is recommended by some experts as a way to improve digestion
- You’re getting a morning dose of Vitamin C
- Water fills your stomach and makes you less likely to overeat at breakfast
- If you can, give yourself another half an hour before you eat a healthy breakfast. This will help you get out the door with a full stomach but with a lower calorie intake
Often, eating badly happens when you’re not prepared. We’ve all been there! It’s the end of the day, you’re starving and you know for a fact there is nothing in the fridge, so you head to the drive-through or to your favourite takeaway.
Prevent this by getting organised and stocking your fridge for the week ahead. If you hate the thought of the grocery store, set up an online account and order delivery. Most supermarkets allow you to save lists, so come up with a few simple, healthy meal ideas and add all the ingredients for a quicker shopping experience.
Cooking not your thing? While they’re not ideal, there are lots of microwave ready meals that are a better alternative to junk food like McDonalds and pizza. Keep a few in the freezer for when you need a night off kitchen duties.
Here’s an even better idea! Pre-make some of those favourite easy prep meals, plate them up and put them in the freezer ready for those healthy no-cook nights.