“I think I can, I think I can…”
The Little Engine That Could had it right, although perhaps he should have replaced “think” with “know”.
In many areas of life, a mantra or catchphrase can give you the motivation you need to push that little bit harder, stay the course for that little bit longer or push through the pain to the next level.
Choose your favourite saying from the list below. Better yet, print it off and put it up where you’ll see it each day and be inspired.
Motivational quotes for Martial Artists & Fitness Peeps (and anybody else who wants to be awesome)
- Don’t strive to be better than others. Strive to be better than you thought you could be
- A strong body is not made in comfort
- Everything is hard before it is easy
- Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won’t
- It’s just you against you
- Pain is weakness leaving the body
- Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest what you haven’t planted
- Sometimes it’s not about how good you are, but how bad you want it
- It’s pretty simple. You either do it or you don’t!
- Whether you think you can, or you cannot – you are correct!
- The best way to predict the future is to create it
- Excuses will always be there. Opportunities won’t
- You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit
- Fit is not a destination, it is a way of life
- Black belt is not just earned, it is maintained
- The only bad workout is the one that did not happen
- Mistakes are proof that you are trying
- Determination is doing what needs to be done, even when you don’t feel like doing it
- A year from now, you will wish you had started today
- When you feel like quitting, think about why you started
- Be stronger than your excuses
- Don’t wait. The time will never be just right
- No matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everybody on the couch
- Don’t stop until you’re proud
- Get the f*** out of bed!
- Excuses don’t burn calories
- Stay dedicated, it’s not going to happen overnight
- Strive for progress, not perfection
- Your mind will quit 100 times before your body ever does
- A better me is coming
- Every expert was once a beginner
Phew! Did those make you want to get up and go for a fast run followed by a weight-training session? With a little motivation, you’ll be amazed at how much more you can achieve!
To start discovering what you’re made of, join the 28 Day Challenge today!